Thursday, December 11, 2008

Did you know....

that the first 17 miles of the Boston marathon are downhill? and, the "heart break hill" is actually 5 miles of uphill? Alot of the training will be on these hills, but I think maybe I will go out and drive the marathon course soon.

I went to the DFMC December meeting last week and listened to the coach talk about the course a bit. We also received some great fundraising tips and also cold weather running tips. Lots of good information!

It's been raining for the past few days here, but I think i'm going to head out in the rain later today for a run. Running in the rain can be fun!

I will join the DFMC for the first group run on Sat. morning. It's so close to my apt. in Watertown, so I can get maximum sleep, roll out of bed and get over there quick. I missed the first timers run since I was out of town, it will be good to finally run with the team!

More to come!