Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's time to put the running in high gear

Happy New Year 2009!

I have to admit that I did not do a good share of running over the holidays. With travelling and way too many of my Cincinnati holiday favorite foods and homecooked meals, it's time to buckle down and run run run!

Thank you to everyone who was so generous to donate recently to my fundraising for Dana Farber. I am behind at recognizing everyone on this page, but will update it very shortly. Thank you so much!

I am brainstorming some ideas for a fundraiser event in Boston. If anyone has ideas of locations, etc. Please let me know. Otherwise, look for more information on that soon!

Running recently has been challenging in the ice and snow. But once I get out there it isn't bad, sometimes it's a must to run in the street due to the snow covered sidewalks. I have met a few friends that live close to me in Watertown who are also running the marathon, so i look forward to many snowy runs with them.

I am going to be learning even more about disease research, including cancer research due to my new job! I just started my new job this week at a Medical Research/Life Sciences company. Our clients are Research Scientists, including Dana Farber! I have alot to learn, but it is very exciting stuff.

I think i'm going to sign up for a half marathon very soon, and also plan to run 10 or so this weekend! Hopefully no ice for the weekend!