Friday, February 6, 2009

Running snacks are YUMMY



As a mentioned previous, my favorite running treat is the Cliff Shot Blok- Strawberry flavor, actually all flavors are delicious. I need to stop and buy a few more on my way home from work today, actually, i should look into buying in bulk! The ingredients sound sort of gross, but they give you what you need to keep running, and they taste good!

Ingredients:
CLIF Shot Bloks
Clif® SHOT® BLOKS™ are organic energy chews that naturally enhance your performance. Because they're chewable, they're easier to grab, store, handle, and consume than many energy options.

Features/Benefits
- Serving size: 3 pieces
- 2 servings per bag
- Consumer 3 - 6 SHOT BLOKS every hour during activity; always follow consumption with water
- Each serving contains 20 mg potassium, 24 g carb, 20 mg sodium
- Ingredients include organic brown rice syrup, organic evaporated cane juice, organic brown rice syrup solids
- Each bag weighs 2.1 ounces
- Multiple flavors available

Regarding GU, Chocolate was the only flavor I will buy. I have issues trying to eat them, so I try imagine that it's chocolate icing, and I can deal with it. For some reason I still buy them because I feel like I should mix GU and Shot Bloks throughout my runs. However, I could probably give up GU completely! I remember the first time I tried it when i was training for Chicago in 2000, I thought it was pretty gross. I avoided it as long as possible, but finally had to start eating them! I am so glad that now there are so many options that are also delicious! WOW- I am getting hungry!