Wednesday, March 25, 2009

26.2 Days until the Boston Marathon!


It's officially 26.2 days until the Boston Marathon! Wow, it's coming fast!

I am feeling good about training! On March 15 I did a long run of 20 miles out in Wayland, MA. It was a very rural run through winding roads, various wildlife reserves, all the way to route 2, where we turned around at mile 10 to head back. I have been running steadily with Deb, Meg and Beth during team runs, and we were quite excited to run back at that point. However, around mile 12 we didn't realize how much uphill we had going back, and we all got very quiet. with the cars going by on the street we had to run single file, we didn't have much conversation going. so... we tried to come up with some new topics of conversations to keep our minds off how many miles we had to go. once we hit the next water stop i think we all felt much better. we finished strong at 3 hours and 5 minutes (not counting our chatty time at the waterstops w/ the volunteers)!! so we ran a steady 9:25 pace. I felt good about it. Thanks to these girls who helped me keep going, and of course the volunteers at the water stops!

Last weekend we locked in a 13 mile run. It seemed to go pretty quick for me. i felt better than i thought i would, considering i didn't sleep well. I didn't want to get up for the run, but knowing that i would have my running girls to run with.. it made me get up and go. we did a out an back from BSC Waltham. Chatting it up through winding roads of Lincoln to who knows where.... and back (not familiar with this area!), past horses and some beautiful homes, we logged our long run for the week!

This saturday is the last LONG run. it's a 20-22 mile run starting at Boston College out to Wellseley and back to Boston College. we will run the course backwards to Wellseley and back again... it will be tough, but definetly do-able. you may even say i'm looking forward to it!! :)

I attended Deb's Wine Tasting Fundraiser at Gordon's on Saturday. I have included a pictures of myself, Beth, Meg and Deb!


26.2 days and counting!


PS. we got our bib numbers. I am # 22472!!