Tuesday, March 10, 2009

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much for coming my Dana Farber Marathon Challenge fundraiser event last Thursday at Vlora.

I really appreciate your attendance at the event and for your very generous donations to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. The Dana Farber Marathon Challenge directs 100% of funds raised to the Barr Program, which enables gifted young scientists at the leading edge of discovery to achieve better cure rates and to enhance patients' quality of life. Through your donation, you have personally been able to help these scientists find a cure.

The past few months have been a real eye opener for me. When i took on this challenge, i looked at is as an equal two part project: fundraising $6,500 & training to run 26.2 miles. I knew both would be tough, and i wasn't sure which would be more challenging than the other. Initially i started to focus on my fundraising plan and once i got that underway i started to focus on the running. On the fundraising front, I am almost at 75% of my goal! Just the other night at the fundraising event, i received over $1000 in donations! It really amazes me that each each one of you is willing to reach into your wallet/bank account and give money. I want you to know how much I appreciate your donation to cancer research through my fundraising program. I am truly touched by what you have given.

It's 6 weeks to Marathon Monday, and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for your help!

The best of luck to each of you who bought a square on my "Guess Anne's Marathon Time" Board. I will be in touch with the winner the day after the race. I will look for your on the course!

Thank you once again for your continued support!