Sunday, January 18, 2009

Let it Snow!




It has been a snowy few weeks... and i have been running in it. However, a second sunday now that i have missed my running plans due to snow. I was planning to drive down to Reynam mass for the frostbite 15k this morning. however, the roads were too bad, lots and lots of snow coming down all morning. it finally stopped around 1pm, and i went out to shovel, dig out my car, and take murray on a walk. Finally got my Yak Trax and tried them! I tried them as i walked murray, they were great!! except for when the snow was higher than my heal of my foot... snow then creeped into my shoe/sock area. I came back dropped Murray off and then went back out for a run. Again, i thought they were great, except for in the higher snow areas b/c my ankles got wet and it was hard to run in the deep snow... maybe someday they will come out w/ running boots for snow?? :)

I was very frustrated this morning with the snow situation and not going to the race... but it felt great getting out there to run this afternoon. Not only did i try out my new yak trax, but also a new running jacket, hat and tights. I got all 3 at the Lexington Greater Boston Running Company. they were extremely helpful there! They have alot to choose from as well. I highly recommend going there to buy your running gear or to go on a scheduled group run!

Well, it's almost midnight, and it's been snowing again, another few inches were on my car when i just pulled it in my driveway. Not sure how much snow we got today, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a foot total!

I have attached a few pics from today!